This blog will include reminiscences, photos, musings, observations, research tips, data extractions and links to websites having to do primarily with our ancestors in the deep south states Georgia and Alabama, and may also include information and photos gathered during research of our family's lines in other states.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

SATURDAY NIGHT GENEALOGY FUN: UGG!
Well. It's Saturday night and time once again over at Randy Seaver'sGenea-Musings blog for Saturday Night Genealogy Fun. This one's calledUGG, or Ultimate Genealogy Goal:

Here is your assignment if you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible music):

1) Answer these questions:

* What is your UGG - your "Ultimate Genealogy Goal" for the genealogy research that you wish to leave to your heirs, descendants and the genealogy community?

Hmmm. Well, my goal is to leave more info on all the family lines I am researching than future generations would have had, if I had not worked on them. My research includes my lines, Cappy's lines, my ex-husband's lines, my ex-husband's ex-wife's lines, my ex-husband's ex-wife's ex-husband's primary (surname) line, my daughter-in-law's lines, and my grandson and granddaughter-in-law's lines.

* How long do you think you have have left to fulfill this ultimate goal? If Cappy and my kids can also, and we can be healthy and alert, I would like to live as long as my paternal grandmother did - she was 102 when she died, and was active until the last year of her life - I took her to a local mall to shop for her 100th birthday present - she wanted a red dress. My ancestors tended to live long lives, so maybe I will - but they did not have to deal with carcinogenic stuff, as we do today, so who knows.

* Are you prioritizing your time adequately in order to achieve this goal? There is no way. Cappy, Tom and I are caregivers for my beloved 92yo mother.

* If not, what should you do to achieve the goal? I do what I can online, and plan to visit the archives (which is only a mile or so away from our home) - but I have no ancestors from Mississippi and the only ones I need to research there are granddaughter-in-law's - though do need to do some lookups there for friends. After Mother passes, we plan to travel some, and will do some much needed research in GA, where my three g2gparent brick walls were.

* Will you do what you need to do? I will continue to try.