This blog will include reminiscences, photos, musings, observations, research tips, data extractions and links to websites having to do primarily with our ancestors in the deep south states Georgia and Alabama, and may also include information and photos gathered during research of our family's lines in other states.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Lula Elizabeth, granddaughter of Thomas S. Jordan
On February 12, 1905, Lula married John Respus Carwile, a Methodist minister. They were married 67years before his death in 1972.
Lula was an ideal "preacher's wife" who always kept a clean and well organized house and enough food for anyone who dropped by to share a meal. She died in 1989 at age 102. She was a wonderful grandmother, and I miss her.
Lula at age 90
Lula with her older sister, Florence Jones, ca 1950
Lula with her younger sister, Minnie Blackstock, ca 1960
- "The Descendants of Richard Jordan 1"
- "The Ancestors of Keith & Sherry (Jordan) Hunter"
- "My Steuben County, Indiana, page"
- "Jordan Genealogy (descendants of Thomas Jordan, VA)"
- "JordanWeb (FANTASTIC site, rebuilding)"
- "Jordan Genealogy (descendants of Arthur Jordan, VA)"
- "Our Jordan Family (descendants of Richard Jordan, VA)"
- "Jordan genealogy (GA, NC, SC)"
- "Tracking Thomas (AL)"